Stretch Marks during Pregnancy
Stretch marks appear as a result of pregnancy and about 50% women get them during this period. These appear in different colors on the surface of the skin. Darker skinned women tend to get stretch marks lighter than their skin tone while ladies with lighter skin get the stretch marks in pinkish color.
Stretch marks are more likely to show up on abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks and breasts.
What Causes Stretch Marks
Pregnancy causes the skin to stretch quickly and this results in stretch marks appearance. Most females get stretch marks during their later trimesters of pregnancy but there are some who start to get them as soon as their stomachs begin increasing.
Though stretch marks are tiny tears in the tissue that upholds the skin they are not painful or harmful and usually become lighter as time passes.
Some women believe that creams and lotions can help to remove the stretch marks. But speaking reasonably, a huge number of stretch marks a woman develops depend on the flexibility of the skin and the skin’s flexibility is generally related to inherited make up.
A pregnant woman should remember that the more weight she gains, the more expected she is to have stretch marks and the more of them are likely to appear. The skin is generally rather flexible and can extend a bit; but some ladies experience severe changes. And those with multiples are most probably to develop stretch marks, because their stomachs increase much larger if compared to females with single pregnancies.
How to Eliminate Stretch Marks
Stretch marks do look horrible and no wonder many women want to eliminate them after they have their baby. To some extent lots of stretch marks lighten with the time and after a year, postpartum stretch marks are less clear and light. But due to the fact their texture is diverse from the nearby skin they can be seen anyway.
There are many stretch marks creams available in the market which promise great results in elimination of stretch marks. But if you are breastfeeding I would recommend you to consult the health care providers before using any treatments.
Ways to Prevent Stretch Marks during Pregnancy
During pregnancy women have to suffer from nausea, fatigue, backaches and frequent urination. And stretch marks are not pleasant things either. So what can you do to prevent the appearance of stretch marks?
Since genetics is a major factor determining the show up of stretch marks one should understand that if her mother got stretch marks during pregnancy, she may be more likely to get them too. However, there are some things you can do to decrease the possibility of getting those terrible lines on your skin.
The following recommendations are generally good for a woman’s health and are much helpful in preventing the appearance of stretch marks.
1. Eat a healthy, diverse and balanced diet that keeps your weight within the advised range of 25 to 35 pounds. Good nutrition is essential for your developing baby, but it also contributes to the strength and flexibility of your skin. If you gain weight gradually without any wild upward swings, your skin will stretch at a steady rate and no stretch marks will spoil the look of your body.
2. Massage the areas where you have stretch marks, or want to prevent them from appearing with a body brush or a wash cloth.
3. Drink lots of water. Hydration is significant for the overall mother’s health and development of a baby, and makes your skin healthier.
4. Take vitamins. I guess no comments are needed.
5. Keep skin moisturized all the time beginning in the first or second trimester and through your recovery to your pre-pregnancy weight, using perhaps one of the many oils and creams targeted particularly for stretch mark prevention.
Taking care of yourself during the after-delivery period is important as well, for the dramatic weight loss makes your skin susceptible to stretch marks again. And you need to be healthy and strong to be able to cope with the stresses of recovery from childbirth and the demanding duties of motherhood.
- celebrity stretch marks
- kim kardashian stretch marks
- jennifer lopez stretch marks
Leave a Reply