Eat Your Way to Better Eyesight
Maintaining good eye health is not only about visiting your ophthalmologist regularly and doing various eye exercises. You can also eat your way to better sight. Include the following foods into your diet plan to get better results.
Foods for Better Eyesight
- Bilberries. No matter how you prefer eating bilberries, but its consumption is necessary if you’d like to have good eyes. These small yummy berries are rich with anthocyanosides, a compound that is proved to reduce the chances of poor vision. Moreover, a recent survey showed that bilberries slowed cataract progression in 48 out of 50 participants.
- Goji berries. Goji Berry is also known for its vision-improving properties. Its powerful antioxidant carotenoids can protect against such cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Carrots. Carrot is rich in Vitamin A and carotene that can’t but make it a very powerful eyesight-improving remedy. Besides, beta-carotene is a great antioxidant effective in fighting against some forms of cancer.
- Salmon and sardines. Both being rich in omega-3 fats salmon and sardines are the one of the most popular foods for improving vision. Moreover salmon is known for its brainpower-boosting properties.
- Garlic. Garlic contains a great amount of sulfur, a compound that makes lens resilient.
- Broccoli. Like any other leafy green broccoli is rich in lutein utein and zeaxanthin, which are believed to protect eye cells from radical stressors.
Other foods for good eyesight include cabbage, grapes, nuts, plums, sweet potatoes and wine (in moderation).
Leave a Reply