Celebrity Fitness Tips: Jessica Alba’s Workout
Jessica Alba has a lean figure that is desired by both men and women. It’s lean and toned but it took hard work to make it so. After indulging on anything she wanted during pregnancy Jessica Alba got back to gym 3 weeks after having a baby. Since then Alba works out 6 days a week 45-60 minutes. Read our Celebrity Fitness Tips: Jessica Alba’s Workout.
Jessica Alba’s Fitness Tips
Jessica Alba admits that she hates training and workouts so in order to not get bored to death she listens to music. Jessica’s workout routine changes constantly because the body adapts to exercises after sometime. In order to make workouts more effective the workout program should change over time. After pregnancy Alba did not only hit the gym but added boxing and hiking to shed 8 more lbs.
Jessica Alba’s Workout
10-minute Cardio: Jessica jogs for 2 minutes, then runs hard for 6, then jogs again for 2.
Strength Training 1: Jessica makes 3 rounds of 20 reps with 3-pound dumbbells.
- Forward lunge with biceps curl: Curl weights while stepping forward; lower arms down and back as you return to the initial position. Switch legs.
- Reverse flys: Take a step forward with one leg. Bend forward at the waist letting your arms hang loose. Lift arms, slightly rounded, to sides until they are in line with shoulders. Alternate legs every 10 reps.
- Lateral raise: Stand up with arms at your sides. Raise arms out to the side until they’re in one line with shoulders.
5-minute Cardio: This 5-minute cardio is about alternating between 30 seconds of jogging and 30 seconds of sprinting.
Strength Training 2: 3 rounds of 20 reps with 3-pound dumbbells.
- Squat with shoulder press: Coming out of the squat position, press arms up overhead with your palms forward.
- Chest press: Lie back on a bench or mat. Extend your arms above your chest with palms forward with dumbbells touching. Then lower arms until they are in line with your chest, lift back up to complete the rep.
- Triceps dips: Keep your arms on the edge of the chair behind you as though you slid off the seat and lower down until they are at a 90-degree angle.
5-minute Cardio: Jogging – 30 seconds; then run hard for 4 minutes, jogging again – 30 seconds.
Core Workout: Jessica makes 1 round of 20 reps.
- Reverse crunches: Lie with your knees pulled to chest holding hands under butt. Straighten your legs toward the ceiling, engage abs and raise hips.
- Bicycle crunches: Lie with arms behind your head. Bend your legs to 90 degrees and raise them. Stretch right elbow to the left knee and otherwise.
- Plank: Hold plank for 20 or 30 seconds.
Jessica Alba likes sweets but her secret is portion control. She eats 6-7 small dishes a day and get little treats to keep her cravings under control. She snacks on almonds, dried fruit or cheese. For breakfast she’d have 1 cup oatmeal with berries and 3-4 egg whites. For lunch salad with chicken breast or fish. And for dinner she prefers lean protein like beef fillet with lots of veggies and three small red potatoes. She doesn’t eat bread or deserts.
- jessica alba workout
Leave a Reply