Try Homemade Cold Cream
Some got used to the creams bought in the stores but others prefer making them at home. Here are two recipes exactly for those people though everybody can try these.
The first recipe.
Buy two ounces good quality white wax, two ounces rose water and eight ounces almond oil. Melt the wax over top of hot water. Then remove it from the heat and blend it with the essence and oil. After that, cool it and store in a jar.
The second recipe.
- 1 ounce grape seed oil
- 1 ounce jojoba
- 2 ounces distilled or filtered water
- 1/2 to 1 ounce beeswax (less for a lighter cream)
- 1 teaspoon borax
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 40 drops grapefruit seed extract as a preservative
- 10 drops mint oil or other essential oil of choice (optional)
Mix up the oils and beeswax in a double boiler and melt. Then remove from the heat and combine it with the remaining ingredients; mix with an electric handheld mixer until the cream is thick and creamy.
Make 3/4 cup and store in a glass jar with a screw top. Discard after 6 months (or sooner if mold begins to grow).
The compounds are available at health food stores. You can find Borax in the laundry section of the supermarket (it is used in this recipe as an emulsifier).
Try them and tell me how they are, pl!
- Homemade cold cream
- homemade cold cream recipe
- homemade cold cream without borax
Leave a Reply