Optimize Your Skin
We all have different skin needs and conditions – giving us all slightly different starting points when looking for skincare. The right organic skincare routine can support the skin to look radiant and smooth no matter where your skin starts you from.
Take a minute to look at your skin and it will tell you everything you need to know to start optimizing it and changing your look to a radiant, youthful and healthy looking.
Start with five easy steps:
• Hydration – identify how hydrated your skin is by simply gently pinching the skin on the cheekbone and observing how quickly it ‘pings’ back. Does your skin look plump or can you see fine line?
• Pores – become acquainted with your pores! How visible are they? People with drier skins tend to have fine pores whilst oily skins will usually display more open pores. Are they congested? Do they appear more concentrated in certain areas?
• Oil Levels – oil and hydration are two different things. Oil levels will tell us about how lubricated the skin is and so most Dry Skin products are formulated to replace both Oil and Water, whilst Oily skin products concentrate on controlling sebum production.
Notice if you have any oiliness in particular areas concentrating on the T-zone and chin.
• Redness & Pigmentation – this can be the hardest skin feature to identify but crucially is most subject to change as the skin reacts to extrinsic factors.
Try to identify if there is any skin redness – is the skin inflamed at all, or is there any sensitivity?
Pigmentation is usually linked to sun exposure – can you identify any uneven pigmentation in the skin particularly around the most exposed areas like the cheekbones or the forehead?
• Elasticity & Smoothness – observe the overall firmness of the skin – is your skin youthful and radiant with tautness over the features? Do you have many expression lines? Does your skin feel plump and smooth or creepy and dull?
Depending on what you have observed you’ll come to realize what your skin really needs and what problems you should deal with in the first place – be it hydration, oil-control, fine lines and wrinkles or radiance.
When you have identified the problem you can choose the right skincare product your skin needs. Like, if you have delicate skin go for floral waters like rose flower water. Orange blossom water is great for softening, while micellar water is great for all skin types.
Argan oil is great for dry skin and when you want to protect your skin from premature aging, UV exposure, and other environmental factors as it’s Rich in vitamin E and Omega 6s and often referred to as a true regenerator.
Leave a Reply