Homemade face masks: Oily skin
Oily skin needs special care as it is prone to inflammation and other typical skin problems as no other skin type.
To keep it in perfect condition you have to work hard, use plenty of various products for cleansing, toning, controlling the sebum. Masks are essential in this series of procedures and actually work well.
Here are some of tested masks which bring really good results:
• Clay mask. Mix the clay/kaolin, cornflower and oats together with one beaten egg white and floral water. Add 1 drop lavender oil and 1 drop frankincense oil or juniper berry oil. Mix well to form a paste. Apply the mask and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
• Clay mask 2. You need: a basic fuller’s earth clay, 1 tsp honey, water (for a richer mask, substitute half-and-half) and your favorite essential oil. Mix 2 parts water (or half and half) to 1 part clay, mixing in a bit of honey. Add more water (or cream) if clay is too dry. Add a few drops of the essential oil. Keep mask on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with a steaming washcloth.
• Banana mask soothes your face skin. You will need 1 banana, preferably ripe, 1 tbsp honey, an orange or a lemon. Mix the banana and honey together. Add a few drops of juice from an orange or a lemon. Apply to face for 15 minutes before rinsing with a cool washcloth or a steaming warm washcloth.
• Juice mask. The ingredients you need: 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 egg whites, 3 tsp honey, 1 cup strawberries and 4 drops of your favorite essential oils (optional). Mash or blend the above ingredients. Smooth over face. Let it stay for 10 minutes. Rinse off.
• Juice mask 2. Take tomato juice, cucumber juice and lemon juice; add a little calamine powder or gram flour to it. Make a paste and apply it on the skin. Wash off with lukewarm water when dries. It cleanses the skin and adds glow to it. Tomato has toning agents so it helps in toning the open pores caused with oily skin.
• Egg mask. Beat an egg white in a bowl until the peaks are firm. Next add 6 drops of witch hazel and 6 drops of lemon juice to it. Gently apply the mixture on your face but be sure it doesn’t get into your eyes. Rinse it after 15 minutes using warm water.
• Yogurt mask. Take two spoonful of gram flour and make a paste with yogurt. By the way, yogurt has bleaching agents so clears the complexion. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it, which helps in reducing the marks caused by acne and pimples. This pack can be used as a scrubber also. Scrub it off from the skin in adverse direction when half dries. It will remove the dead skin also.
• Yeast mask. Dissolve a teaspoon of baking yeast in a small amount of warm milk, wait until foamy, and then apply. This one is best done in the bath tub.
I hope these recipes will help you look better. Good bye!
- homemade face masks for oily skin
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- Jaime Alexander Poses For Shape Magazine, Talks How She Got In Shape - March 5, 2016
- Best Of Milan Fashion Week Fall 2016 Beauty Looks - March 2, 2016
- Oscars 2016: Best Hair & Make Up - February 29, 2016
Leave a Reply