Homemade face masks: Dry skin
Dry skin is often prone to many hazards normal skin hardly ever suffer.
They are: excessive peeling, frequent reddening, prone to sunburn, early appearance of wrinkles and lots of other problems. That is why proper care is significant if you want your skin to always look good. Masks are essential for moisturizing, nourishing and cleansing your skin.
Here are some of homemade masks that work well for dry skin:
• Mix the clay/kaolin, cornflower and oats together with one beaten egg white and floral water. Add 1 teaspoon wheatgerm oil or evening primrose oil plus 1 drop camomile (Roman or German) oil and 2 drops carrot seed oil. Mix well to form a paste and apply.
• Mix one egg yolk, one teaspoon honey and a teaspoon olive oil and some vitamin E oil if you have it. Smooth on and leave on for 15 min, rinse in lukewarm water and pat dry. If your skin is a bit dry you can put a dab or two of either olive oil, or any other light oil.
• Avocado mask is particularly moisturizing. You will need ½ avocado and ¼ cup honey. Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in honey. Apply to skin and leave for 10 minutes.
Rinse face with a cool washcloth.
• Milk mask. You need 1 tsp powdered milk, 1 tbsp runny honey, 1 tsp aloe vera gel, 2 drops essential oil. Mix ingredients well, apply to face, let sit for 15 minutes, wash off with warm water. This recipe is enough for two.
• Take two ounces of fresh avocado, an ounce of orange juice, a teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of molasses and 5 drops of chamomile essential oil and blend them properly.
You can prefer a large bowl to mash them by hand. If the mixture is too thick, add one more ounce of orange juice to it. Now, use your fingers to apply and to spread the mixture over your entire face and neck. Allow it to remain for thirty minutes or still more for better results.
• Take gram flour powder, add a pinch of turmeric powder to it and make the paste using milk cream or raw milk. Apply it on the face and wash it with lukewarm water.
• Take milk powder and add honey to it to make a paste. Apply it on your skin and wash off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
• Take wheat flour and add milk cream in it. Make a paste and apply it on the skin. It makes the skin smooth and supple and reduces the dryness.
• Soak almonds in the water. Make a paste by adding honey to it and apply it on the skin. Leave it for at least 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. It adds glow to the skin, enhances the complexion and makes the skin smooth.
• Make a paste of gram flour and rose water, add milk cream to it. Apply it on the skin and scrub off when half dry.
Leave a Reply