Fall Facial Masks
Here it comes! The nature provides us lavishly with sappy and flavoured fruit. And while we have plenty of them on the store shelves, let’s learn how to take all the wholesome from the fruit!
Golden Melon – Autumn Decoration
It’s considered to think Asia Minor and Central Asia to be the motherland of the melon where it had been grounded since 4000 B.C. and spread all over the world later on.
Nowadays there are about 1000 different kinds of it. Melons differ in the structure of leaves, flowers, the time of ripening, color of the peel and pulp, smell.
Melon pulp contains 88.5% of water, 0.6% of dietary fiber, 0.6% of ashes, up to 18% of sugar, 0.4% of pectines, 0.2% organic acids, fat, volatile aroma compounds, minerals (iron salt in particular), C vitamins (up to 60%), carotene (0.40%), B1, B2, B3, Е, РР, pantothenic acid, and pretty rich in folic acid (around 6%).
Every woman wants her face to remain charming, fresh, young and beautiful. But stresses, weather conditions, depressions inevitably affect the skin. That’s why you need to take a constant care of it. One of the most spread and effective way to treat teh skin is to apply facial masks.
Melon juice and its pulp are widely used in cosmetics.
- Peel it off, mash the pieces with a fork or grate it. Then squash it. Wet a wad with melon juice to rub the dry face skin.
- Mix up an equal amount of melon juice, milk and mineral water. Such sort of face milk works well for dry skin as well.
- Take melon pulp, mash it with a fork and leave for 1-2 hours, then squeeze its juice out. Blend it with 2 tbsp honey and 1 tea spoon salt. After the salt is dissolved, filter it and add one glass of vodka. Rub your skin with the lotion and don’t rinse it off for 1-2 hours. The procedure can be done any time you want. The lotion can be kept for a long time in some cool place. This lotion moistens any type of skin.
- Wet a thin cotton wool layer or some tissues with melon juice and put these onto the dry face skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Apply the gruel left from juice squeezing onto the clean skin as a mask for 10-15 min and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. The frequency of the procedure varies from 2 to 3 times per week. The complete course is 15-20 procedures. The mask nourishes and freshens up your skin stimulating its softness. If one has dry and dehydrated skin, it’s recommended to rub your skin with olive and corn oils, then wipe it with camomile wet tampon before you apply the mask.
- Prepare gruel of melon pieces, then take 2-3 tbsp of it and mix it with 1 tea spoon honey and 1 tbsp sour cream. Apply the mixture onto the face. And rinse it off in 15-20 minutes. The mask is advised for the dry and normal skin.
- Add 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp sour cream to the melon 2-3 tbsp gruel and stir it until you get cream gruel. Put it onto the face and neck skin layer-by-layer. When the last layer dries off, rinse it off with warm water. It softens and refreshes the dry and normal skin. If your skin is pretty oily, add 1 frothed white of an egg into a mixture. The masks can be applied for 15-20 minutes. Rub your face with melon juice before you put on the mask.
- To get a toning mask, take ½ glass of warm and thick cream of wheat, ½ tea spoon salt, 2 egg yolks, 2 tea spoons honey and the same amount of vegetable oil and stir it thoroughly with 2 tbsp melon juice until you get a soft cream consistency. Apply it for 20-30 min and then rinse off with warm water.
- Melon pulp decoction is widely used for the pigmentary, freckles and acne treatment.
Leave a Reply