13 tips how to apply mascara
Mascara is a great invention. I don’t really know what majority of girls would do without it. There are only a few lucky girls who have long and voluminous lashes.
Others have to use plenty of techniques and various types of mascara to create a luxurious mysterious look men like so much.
However, there are women who suffer from thick, clumply, spider-like lashes and don’t understand what causes that.
The answer is simple enough – you apply mascara incorrectly.
Here are some useful tips for you to make the process of applying mascara easier and more effective.
1. How to apply mascara.
Step 1: Wiggle the wand left to right at the base of lashes. To create the illusion of length it is important to start from the roots not the tips.
Step 2: Pull the wand up and through lashes, wiggling as you go.
Step 3: To finish with, close the eye and place the mascara wand on top of lashes at the base and pull through to remove any possible clumps.
2. How to use a lash comb. For some girls lash combs seem to be too fussy. But makeup artists consider them to be a nice invention and keep lashes glob-free and perfectly separated. Apply mascara at the lash base. Then wiggle the lash comb through to the tips of your lashes.
In case you don’t like lash combs but want to get rid of clumps there is another way for you – remove excess mascara from the wand. Wipe wand on tissue, this eliminates blobs BEFORE you start.
3. Put at least two coats. This will create a boosting effect and lashes will seem more voluminous. But make sure to do it before the first coat dries, otherwise you’ll get clumps.
4. Powder the under-eye skin before applying mascara. Mascara sometimes smudges because it’s attracted to oily concealer or eye creams.
5. Zig-zag the wand. When you zig-zag the wand back and forth during mascara application you prevent the appearance of clumps.
6. Use an eyelash curler. Curling lashes makes your eyes look wider and brighter. You may curl your lashes both before applying mascara or after it. The only thing you should keep in mind when doing that is your curler must be dry.
7. To create a dramatic look, apply mascara only to the upper lashes. To make your eyes seem wider, apply it to the bottom, too.
8. Try a mascara primer. Primers coat lashes and separate them from each other before you use mascara. As it takes additional time for make-up procedure you may want to use the primer only on a special occasion.
9. Use a clean mascara wand. Sweep a clean, fresh mascara wand through lashes when they’re still wet. When you finish, clean the wand in a capful of eye makeup remover, then wash with soap and dry thoroughly.
10. Try colored mascara. Everyone considers that black works for everyone but it definitely can be harsh on blondes. Fair-haired women should prefer brown for day and reserve black for night. If your eyes are blue you may want to apply blue mascara as it can brighten your eyes more.
11. Opt for thinner and shorter brushes. A thinner brush allows you to get into the corner of your eyes. Short brushes give you more control.
12. Never pump wand in and out of the tube. It will introduce air into the tube and cause your mascara to dry out sooner than it should.
13. After using mascara wait for a few seconds before blinking if you don’t want to paint your lids of course!
That will do for now. Stay with us and read further information about making your eyes more attractive!
- how to apply mascara perfectly
- how to put mascara on perfectly
- how to apply mascara
- how to use mascara primer
Leave a Reply