Hands can tell much about us, our health, life style, age, habits, even our vision of life. Thus taking care of your hands is a must. We have to do a lot of house work that means our hands have much contact with water.
This leads to removal of the upper layer of your skin that is protective. The harder the water the rougher the skin of your hands is. If you want to help your hands look and be healthy apply hand cream each time your hands have been exposed to water influence.
Of course it is better to wear gloves each time you do something about the house but this is not always possible. Besides, you should know that rubber gloves tend to make your hands skin sweat. As a result you have dry and irritated skin. If you need to have gloves on for too long, longer than 10 minutes, powder your hands with talc or moisturize them slightly.
After that put on cotton gloves and rubber gloves above them.
Anyway it is quite impossible to avoid direct contact with water. So, you need something more effective than just a moisturizer or a nourishing cream. Mask is a good and easy solution to the problem.
Masks provide more intensive moisturizing and nourishing for your skin. They should be applied to the cleansed skin only. The ingredients included can be the following: vitamins, glycerin, various oils, lanolin, waxes, honey, milk, aloe, chamomile extract, etc.
Nowadays many companies produce masks that promise different effects, such as whitening, rejuvenating, moisturizing, nourishing, etc.
They are often expensive but not much effective. My advice is to prepare home-made hand masks as you will know for sure what the ingredients are, the ingredients are fresh and there are no preservatives.
1. Honey mask. You will need 1 yolk, 1 teaspoon oat flour and I tablespoon honey. Mix the ingredients and spread the paste over your hands, then put on special gloves. Rinse off in 15-20 minutes and apply a hand cream.
2. Potato mask. Boil 2-3 potatoes and mash them thoroughly, add milk to form a paste. Apple it to your hands and leave on until it gets cool. Wash off and moisturize your hands.
3. Yolk mask. Mix 1 yolk, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon honey. Rub the mask into your hands skin and keep it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash the mask off with lukewarm water and moisturize.
4. Banana mask. Blend a large banana with half of the peel and a tablespoon
of honey. Apply this mixture on your hands, then allow it to dry. Wash off with lukewarm water. Pat dry with a soft
5. Carrot mask. Grind 1 carrot and add 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mix the ingredients and apply to your hands for 20 minutes, then rinse off.
6. Starch mask. Mash two jacket potatoes, add 50 gr milk and a teaspoon olive oil. Apply to hands and put on cotton gloves. This mask is perfect for inflamed skin.
7. Oat flour mask. Mix 6 tablespoons oat flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons milk and 2 teaspoons honey. Apply for30 minutes, then wash off with warm water. This mask is good for dry hand skin.
8. Almond oil mask. 25gr almond oil, 25 gr honey, 1 yolk and juice of 1 lemon should be mixed and applied to hands for 3-4 hours. Put cotton gloves on.
9. Glycerin mask. You need 1.5 tablespoon grinded oat flakes or oat flour, 1 tablespoon hot water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon glycerin. Mix well and apply to hand skin for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
10. Jelly mask. It is for hands skin damaged by detergents. Mix well 40 ml of warm boiled water with 4 gr of corn meal and 56 gr of glycerin.
11. Paraffin mask. This procedure is often performed at beauty shops and salons but you can do it at home as well. This is what you should do: apply hand cream on the skin, then cover your hands with warm liquid paraffin. After that put on cellophane gloves and terry gloves above them. Such mask delays aging process, works to eliminate joint pain and muscle tension. As a result your skin will become smooth and toned. This mask is helpful for dry and wrinkled hand skin.
12. Yolk and honey mask for wrinkled skin. Rub into the skin the mixture of a yolk and 1 tablespoon honey.
And the simplest mask ever: apply olive oil to your hands and put on cotton gloves. Leave on for the whole night. In the morning apply hand cream.
In case you have too little time but need you hands to look perfect just apply some yogurt (with no fruit slices) to your hands skin and leave on for 2-3 minutes. Wash off the mask with lukewarm water and apply some cream.
- hand mask
- hand masks
- perfect hands
- effects of hand masks
- what does a hand mask do
Leave a Reply