How To Create Ombre Lip Look
Ombre effect has taken over the beauty world. There are ombre nails and ombre hair and, of course, ombre lips. This daring look is a sure way to turn heads on a fashion event or a party. It can look feastive and runway-like as well as subtle and toned down for a more casual wear. The key to pulling it off? Masterful application.
Ombre Lips Tips:
Colors & Application
To create ombre lips look you’ll have to choose two colors from the same color family or two different shades of the same color for a subtle ombre effect or two contrasting colors if you want a fashionable statement look, which would be perfect for a photoshoot. Make sure both colors (or more if you aim for a multicolor ombre effect) suit your skin tone and look well together. Make swatches of them and blend them a bit where they meet to see how work together.
- Start with applying primer to prolong the lipstick durability. Filling the lips with lip liner will also help lip color stay intact.
- The lip liner can be nude or same color as the lipstick.
- You can first apply lighter shade of lipstick to the lips and then outline them with darker shade leaving the middle of the lips in lighter shade.
- Blend all the harsh border lines between the two shades of lipstick and voila, ombre lips look is ready.
- You can also do otherwise and fill in the lips with darker shade and add a touch of color in the middle of the lips.
- If you want the outer shade to be lighter, apply darker color shade to the middle of the lips and then fill in the rest of the lips with lighter shade.
- The same goes when creating a two-color ombre lip look.
To create multicolor or multishade ombre lip look you’ll need three or more colors or shades of the same color. There are various ways of wearing multicolor/shade ombre lip look, for example, from darkest to lightest shade (picture above).
- Apply the darkest color/shade to the upper lip.
- Choose the medium shade and apply to the inner side of the lower lip and finish off with the lightest shade on the outer side of the lower lip.
- You can use two colors on each lip to achieve a flower-like pout for a statement look. Choose colors carefully, mix and match to get the desired effect.
- When applying two different colors to the lip blend the line where they meet well to achieve smooth transition from color to color.
Ombre lips can be worn in different finish from glossy to matte and everything in between. If matte ombre lips make your lips look thin add a coat of clear lip gloss to the look or use creamy moisturizing lipstick to create the look. Even pearl lipstick can be used to create ombre effect. It’s all a matter of how and where you’re wearing it.
To complete the look add a coat of mascara to the eyes or nude eyeshadow if your ombre lips aren’t too bold, just to accentuate the eyes a bit. For a more wearable look keep the rest of the makeup soft and barely-there.
Prabal Gurung SS 2012
- how to matte ombre lips
Leave a Reply