How to Apply Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow application is a key to successful maquillage. There are many different types and eyeshadow formulas out there from liquid to powder eyeshadow. The eyeshadow should complement your eye color and skin tone. It can be matched to your outfit or function as an accent for the whole look.
Eyeshadow Application Tips:
- First rule of thumb is to blend. Blend, blend, blend. This can’t be stressed enough. Blending eyeshadow will give eyes smooth and even look.
- Choose quality products. Choose quality products that don’t cake up and blend well.
- Choose the right brush. There are various eyeshadow brushes that are made for different purposes. Angled brush will help draw a line while the blending brush will help blend the color well. Try different brushes to determine which ones you need.
Brush vs. applicator
Brush is great at blending. It is easier to use and it applies color more evenly. Applicator can be used when you need more intensive color on the eyes. It is still better to have a blending brush to soften the edges of eyeshadow applied with an applicator.
Matte vs. shimmer
Matte eyeshadow gives eyes a pop of color but it can be trickier when it comes to application as it requires a good blending. Shimmer can be more forgiving to application but it shows off the wrinkles. Powder shimmer must also be applied carefully as it can leave traces of product easily on the skin around the eyes.
Liquid and cream eyeshadow
Cream and liquid eyeshadow gives eyes that super smooth and glossy texture that also makes the color pop. These create a very glamorous look and can be applied with clean finger tips as well as a synthetic eyeshadow brush for better blending.
Primer or no primer
Primer can make eyeshadow last longer as it makes the eyelids less moist and greasy so the eye color remains intact a bit longer. It can also make the color pop.
- how to apply eyeshadow
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- Eyeliner 2015: 5 New & Fresh Ways To Accentuate Your Eyes - August 26, 2015
- 5 Nail Trends To Sport This Fall - August 21, 2015
- Main Fall 2015 Beauty Trends - August 15, 2015
Leave a Reply