How To Apply Eyeshadow. Part II.
The right eyeshadow application is the key to a polished look. One shade of eyeshadow is easy to apply but two and three or even more shades require a bit of practice and technique. Here are some tips on creating two and three color makeup.
Eyeshadow Application Tips:
- Choose tools that suit your technique.
- Apply primer if you want to make the eyeshadow last longer.
- Two color eye makeup can be achieved with lighter and darker shades of eyeshadow. The darker is applied to the outer corner of the eye, while the lighter goes to the middle of the lid and the inner corner.
- Three color eye makeup is applied in several steps. This one can be achieved with light, medium and dark eyeshadow. The lightest shade is applied to the lid in the inner corner of the eye, the rest of the lid is covered with medium shade, while the outer corner is outlined with darkest shade. Use lightest shade at the brow line to highlight that area and add depth to the eye makeup.
Avoid black eyeliner as well as dark eyeshadow at the lower lash line and especially at the eye’s waterline. This will only make them look even smaller. To make the small eyes look bigger apply light shimmery eyeshadow and outline with eyeliner extending the line beyond the eye.
Close set eyes
Close set eyes can be balanced out by applying light shade in the inner corner of the eye as well as extending the outer corner with darker shade.
Wide set eyes
Wide set eyes will benefit from medium to dark eyeshadow starting at the inner corner of the eye as the light shade will set the eyes even wider.
For festive makeup two different colors can be applied to the upper and the lower lids. They should both suit your eye color and skin tone and nicely contrast with each other. They also should be of one texture – matte, satin, or glittery.
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- Eyeliner 2015: 5 New & Fresh Ways To Accentuate Your Eyes - August 26, 2015
- 5 Nail Trends To Sport This Fall - August 21, 2015
- Main Fall 2015 Beauty Trends - August 15, 2015
Leave a Reply