Home Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff is a huge problem. It looks terrible when still on your hair and then when it falls down on your clothes. You can’t wear black or even darker hues without always checking whether everything’s all right or not. And when you are told that about one-third of the world population is affected by dandruff it doesn’t sound soothing to you.
Dandruff is very annoying – it looks dirty on the hair, causes itching and hair fall. It also troubles the face skin: people suffering from dandruff are also prone to develop acne and pimples.
Dandruff can be caused by many factors. Among them are: poor nutrition, deficiency of zinc, yeast infections, high use of alkaline soaps and shampoos, etc.
Various anti-dandruff products are manufactured, but they don’t help everyone or can cause allergy, that will even aggravate the problem of dandruff. To avoid such situations you can use home remedies, which can be much more effective against dandruff, than anti-dandruff shampoos or other produced stuff. If you don’t develop allergy to anti-dandruff products, it is recommended as more effective to use both special shampoos and home remedies to get rid of dandruff faster.
The home remedies listed below are very useful in the prevention and treatment of dandruff. They look like grandma’s advice, but you would probably be surprised to know that the same ingredients are used for the production of anti-dandruff products. And if you prepare the masks yourself, you get the 100% effect, and you know for sure, what is inside the mixture you apply on your scalp.
Here are some of the home remedies for dandruff:
• Aloe Vera is highly effective in treatment of dandruff problem. Rub Aloe Vera gel into your scalp, leave it for 10 minutes and wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Do this regularly to get rid of dandruff completely.
• Mix a few drops of Eucalyptus oil with 20 ml coconut oil and massage into the scalp to remove the flakes. Do this twice a week for a couple of weeks to get rid of dandruff.
• Aspirin is also very effective to eliminate the problem of dandruff. Crush and powder two tablets and mix with your shampoo. Leave this mixture on your scalp for a pair of minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
• Henna is one of the most essential remedies in the treatment of both hair loss and dandruff. It helps to restore the health of the hair and works well as dandruff treatment.
• One more efficient dandruff treatment is the mixture of 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of vinegar. The mixture should be rubbed into the scalp and then washed off.
• Mix the olive oil with almond oil. Rub the mixture into the scalp and leave for several minutes, then wash off.
• Hot steam bath is highly beneficial for the hair and scalp. Massage hot oil and wrap a hot damp towel on the head for few minutes.
• Hot oil therapy is the best method to cure dandruff. Massage hot oil into the scalp at bedtime. Next morning an hour before the bath, rub lemon juice mixed with cosmetic vinegar into the scalp with cotton wool. Wash your hair properly and as a last rinse use the juice of one lemon in a cup of hot water. Continue this treatment once or twice a week for three months.
• Mix two tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and six tablespoons of hot water. Dab this with cotton on the scalp and leave it overnight. Next morning wash the hair with a shampoo.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of fresh apple juice to 2 tablespoons of warm water, apply on hair, rub, leave for 10-15 minutes and then rinse. Repeat this process 2-3 times a week to get rid of dandruff.
• Warm 300 grams of coconut oil with 3 grams of black pepper. When it starts boiling stop heating, sieve with a fine cloth and keep in a bottle. Massage with fingertips in the night gently.
• Massage your scalp with the mixture of olive oil and almond oil; leave it for five minutes after you feel the burning sensation. Rinse properly for a dandruff free hair.
• Beat two eggs and add two tablespoons of water to it. Wet the hair and apply the egg mixture over the hair. Now massage your scalp and let the mixture on for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse the hair with cool water.
These treatments are very good but if you don’t work to eliminate the factors that cause dandruff none of the remedies will help. This is what you should do to prevent the dandruff appearance:
• Try to change your lifestyle, if you are often stressed, as this can be the cause of dandruff.
• Massage your hair regularly (for instance, when shampooing or applying a mask). This will stimulate the blood flow to the scalp and help remove dead cells.
• Make sure, that you have enough vitamins B6, B12, zinc, beta-carotene, and selenium in your diet.
• Avoid excessive use of a hot hair dryer.
• Check your hair products, because they can add oils to your scalp and cause dandruff.
• Shampoo your hair regularly.
• Avoid the use of chemicals on the scalp (such as chemicals used in hair coloring). The less the better.
That is all. I wish you to become beautiful and confident!
Latest posts by Mona Liz (see all)
- Did You Know Balmain Does Wigs? - April 9, 2016
- Would You Try These Crazy Hairstyles From Around The Web? - April 7, 2016
- Kelly Rowland Is To Launch Her Own Make Up Line - April 5, 2016
Leave a Reply